Kremmling Memorial Hospital was established in 1933 by Dr. Archer Sudan and for many years was known as Middle Park Hospital.
In 1945, with the help of Dr. Ernest Ceriani, the Middle Park Medical Association was established to support development of the Kremmling hospital. Dr. Ceriani’s home, clinic and Kremmling hospital were located in the white wooden building which is now home to rehabilitation services, the wellness center and the administration offices.
In 1973 the Kremmling Memorial Hospital District was formed and the hospital was renamed Kremmling Memorial Hospital. The construction of the current hospital began in this same year. Debts incurred for construction of the hospital were completely repaid by 1995 and the Mountain Valley Medical Center (the family practice clinic at the hospital in Kremmling now doing business as The Clinic at Middle Park Medical Center, Kremmling), was purchased from the Ceriani family.
On April 1, 2003, the hospital became a Critical Access Hospital (CAH), and the clinic became a “Provider Based”clinic making it a department of the hospital. CAH designation provides cost based Medicare reimbursement.
The hospital is a Level IV Trauma Center and was the first Level IV Trauma Center in the State of Colorado.